Speer Gold Dot 40 S&W 180GRN GDHP-SB 20RD
Gold Dot Reliability for Your Personal Protection Needs
TRUST. It's something that's earned. Gold Dot® high performance handgun ammunition has earned the trust of thousands of law enforcement officers across America and around the world.
You, too, can count on Gold Dot's superb performance, accuracy, and reliability with our Personal Protection line. Whether you need the best for concealed carry, home protection, or target shooting, Gold Dot delivers—round after round.
Gold Dot was the first high-performance handgun ammunition to be loaded with true, bonded-core bullets. Using our exclusive Uni-Cor® process, we bond the jacket to the core one molecule at a time. This virtually eliminates core-jacket separation, the leading cause of handgun bullet failures and often inherent in the design of conventional bullets. Our bonding happens at the beginning of the bullet making process, exactly where it should.
We form the hollow point cavity in two stages. The first establishes how far the bullet can expand; the second controls the rate of expansion. This patented* two-step cavity formation gives Speer® engineers incredible control in the design process. Each bullet caliber and weight is tuned for optimum expansion and penetration. The bullet is finished to provide a smooth profile for reliable feeding in semi-auto handguns.quality Gold Dot
Gold Dot is assembled in quality brass cases, nickelplated for smooth feeding and protection from corrosion. For sure-fire ignition under real-world conditions, we use famous CCI® primers. Then we load select, low-flash propellants matched to the performance needs of each cartridge. We put a lot of thought into each Gold Dot cartridge so you no longer have to.
Accept nothing less than peak performance from your ammunition—find new Speer Gold Dot Personal Protection.
Uni-Cor® Bonded Gold-Dot® Construction
- We take hours to make a Gold Dot® bullet for the split-second you need it. Our exclusive manufacturing processes give us flexibility to match bullet design to cartridge performance. Below is a brief overview of a few of the many operations making every Gold Dot bullet—Best in Class.
- The Speer Gold Dot bullet begins with an alloyed lead core.
- Uni-Cor technology bonds an incredibly uniform jacket to the core—one molecule at a time.
- First stage of patented* two-stage hollow point process creates memory lines that expansion can follow.
- Second forming stage finishes the cavity to match bullet weight and velocity, produces a smooth leading edge for reliable feeding, and a uniform heel for superb accuracy.
- Bullet and case are assembled using top-quality nickel-plated brass cases, clean-burning, low-flash propellants, and famous and reliable CCI® primers.
UPC: 076683239747 MFG#: 23974
Ammunition pricing is per box
- Caliber: 40 Smith and Wesson
- Bullet Weight: 180 Grain
- Bullet Style: Gold Dot Hollow Point - Short Barrel GDHP-SB
- Case Type: Brass
- Muzzle velocity: 950 fps
- Muzzle energy: 361 ft lbs
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept returns of Ammunition for safety reasons.
RESTRICTION: ORM-D Ammunition can only be shipped UPS Ground.
AMMO WARNING: You must be 18 or older to purchase shotgun or rifle ammunition and 21 or older to purchase handgun ammunition. We must have a copy of your driver's license or current ID to prove age for purchase.
*Certain states require state permits to purchase ammunition such as a FOID Document.
It is your responsibility to verify state and local laws / restrictions for any other applicable firearms and ammunition regulations.
No posts found